Core Values of Sun Connections
- We strive to be a compassionate organization; integrity is our watch word and safeguarding the golden thread in all we do.
- We aim to serve a diverse community as inclusively as possible and endeavour to hold a non-judgemental stance.
- Our services and programmes are research based, creative, and person-centred, designed to give value, yet be sustainable.
Core Principles of SUN Connections
In support of recommendations from The Centre of the Developing Child Harvard University we promote the following principles;
- Supporting responsive relationships.
- Strengthening core life skills.
- Reducing sources of stress.
We are also guided by three core principles of Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP)
DDP recognised by NICE as a promising approach see:
- Independent evidence review of post-adoption support interventions
- Research, Evidence base and Outcomes
- Children’s attachment
Through reflective practice of these core values and principles, our work is relational and serves to encourage supportive human connections that enable growth and learning.